Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Palo Alto

After staying the night at the Point Montara Hostel, I decided to head over the mountains from the coast to visit my friend Jackson at Stanford. The wind was blowing furiously from the North this morning, and I almost called Jackson to tell him I wouldn't make it because I wanted to ride the gust straight down the coast. I'm glad I made it over though; we had a great conversation as usual and I got to see the beautiful campus again. By the time I was getting ready to leave, the gusts were over 50 knots at the coast heading inland, and therefore I would have had to ride against the wind back over the mountain. I decided to stay the night in the valley, and Jackson let me stay on his futon.

He headed into the city for a concert this evening, and because the venue was sold out I decided to meet up with another friend from high school, Ana, and do some climbing. We went to a really great but expensive gym and had a great time catching up as well. Tomorrow I will head back West to Highway 1 and will make it to Santa Cruz or possibly Monterey from there.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Trev- The winds are equally as furious down here in So. Cal. Your grandmother and I spent a nice day in La Jolla. Keep safe.

    ReplyDelete